Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 10 - Dinner with the Boswell's

Since we decided to get a hotel, I was able to finish up my work getting my two classes ready for the following day.  I was a bit stressed because Blackboard was being terrible (as usual) and I couldn't get things changed quick enough.  We barely got out of the hotel by noon and we couldn't go to the Denver mint because apparently you have to make reservations months in advance to get a tour.

So, we headed downtown to eat Celtic food (note an international theme with my food choices -- everything we can't find in Alabama).  It was great food and they had some strange burgers.  Daniel got a deep fried hamburger (yes everything was fried -- the patty and the bun).  Jaeyong got a pulled pork and ham burger (all of that was put on top on the hamburger).  Erin got the fried egg and ham burger (again, everything placed on top of the hamburger).  David got a seafood medley with cheese and I got Irish stew.

After lunch we headed to Ft. Collins to see Dr. Boswell (David's former math professor at JSU).  On the way we stopped at a battery store to buy a new battery for my camera so I wouldn't run out when I couldn't charge for a while.  Of course, once I got that battery in the charger in the car, we promptly lost it.  It somehow popped out of the charger and disappeared.  Later I bought a new one, and then finally found it buried under the seat in the car.  I'm still not sure where it was hiding (we tore the car apart looking for it).  Sorry -- this is my battery rant -- I'm still mad that I couldn't find it and went and bought another one and now have to make time to return it (trust me, it took forever to find somewhere that sold this specific type of battery).  Also, Erin apparently left her AA batteries and charger in the hotel room in Denver, so I later had to hunt down new rechargeable batteries for her as well.

Anyhow, we made it to Ft. Collins (barely -- we almost wrecked because of a compression wave on the freeway).  Then we got to eat with the Boswell's at their retirement home and have a nice conversation with them.  I must say that I hope my memory is that good when I'm that age!
David with Grace and Dean Boswell

Estes Park, CO
Then we headed up to Estes Park, CO for the night.  I wish we had gotten to spend more time there.  I really liked the cabin there and the city.  It was a lot like Park City, UT.  The views up the canyon while driving were also spectacular, but the pictures aren't great because it was dusk when we were driving up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment